Sign up HERE to receive Newsletters and other communications !
Here's where you'll find our Newsletter, Calendar and Weekly Bulletin Announcements. If you ever have questions about a particular event, feel free to contact the Church office.
Announcements for September 16, 2018
- Worship! Welcome to worship this weekend. Our meditation is from Mark 9:14-29; a fantastic text demonstrating our difficulty to have faith, and Jesus doing His work to create it.
- A projector has been ordered and hopefully will be installed within a few weeks. Thank you for your patience as we continue using the hymnals for a short time longer.
- Witness and Outreach Sentence! Mark 9:14-29: In today’s Gospel reading, Jesus demonstrated His divine power over Satan and his wicked angels. Satan is still very active in our world, but we can believe in and share the Good News that Jesus has overcome the devil and will protect His people from Satan’s evil attacks. The One who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world (1 John 4:4).
- Divine Call issued to Pastor Levi—Please pray for Pastor and his family; he has received a divine call from St. John Lutheran Church and Preschool in Yankton, South Dakota to be an Associate Pastor. During this time of deliberation between the call to Bethany and the call to St. John, you may express your will to God and Pastor as we pray that God’s Will is done. May God be with and bless both congregations as He guides the process towards His Will.
- Nominee candidates are needed for chairperson of the Boards of Finance, Church Properties, and Elders for the upcoming term, beginning in January. Please contact Barb/Bob Wendt, or Bruce Frederick if interested.
- Sunday School classes on Sundays at 8:55 a.m. and Midweek School classes on Wednesdays have begun. If you still need to register your child, please contact Shannon or register online at: https://bethanykaukauna.breezechms.com/form/76eec2
- Naomi's Table Bible Study - Sundays at 9 a.m.; study is on the Fruit of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22-23.
- Wednesday Breakfast Bible Study begins on September 26 and runs through October 31 at Kaukauna Family Restaurant, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. The study is on the Books of James and Jude.
- Men's Monday Bible Study– Mondays at 6:30 p.m. The new study topic is Strengthening Your Grip by Charles Swindoll, which guides Christian men to refocus and be firmly entrenched in Biblical essentials as they lead their families. All men are invited. Questions? Contact Jim Smith (969-0318) or any other MOB member.
- Financial Peace University—Having a hard time gaining your goals to manage your money better? Get some support, guidance, and most importantly proven strategy that is guided by God’s Word, giving you peace in your financial life. This 9-week class will be on Mondays starting September 24; 6:30-8:00 pm. Contact Lisa Offerman-Cooley (firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-8214) with questions or go to www.daveramsey.com.
- The Fellowship Counter is open after both Sunday services. Volunteers are needed to serve, sign up forms are on the info counter. (Refreshments may not be available on the Sundays without a volunteer.) The Fellowship Counter is funded totally by free-will offerings and donated baked goods. Contact is Joan Borg, 766-9792.
- Non-perishable food items are being collected throughout the summer for Victory Lutheran Church in Gwinn, Michigan. The collection box is by the coat rack near the bathrooms. Clothing and household items for Victory’s thrift store are also needed (pots, pans, glasses, small appliances, etc.). Please call Bob Wendt 716-1115, or Richard Pomeroy 766-4219 for drop-off location or for the items to be picked up. Sorry, no large furniture or appliance accepted.
- Ladies Breakfast - next Saturday, September 22, 9:00 a.m. at Rico's Family Restaurant, Kaukauna. Please sign up at the fellowship counter so we can have an accurate number to reserve. All ladies are invited; bring a friend!!
- Loaves & Fishes: the suggested items to donate in September are saltine crackers, laundry soap, softener, and dryer sheets.
Check back often for additions to the calendar. Church events are subject to change without notice.
Mobile users - if you cannot see the calendar, please click on Classic View
124 W 10 St. Kaukauna. WI 54130