124 W 10 St. Kaukauna. WI 54130
Sign up HERE to receive Newsletters and other communications !
Here's where you'll find our Newsletter, Calendar and Weekly Bulletin Announcements. If you ever have questions about a particular event, feel free to contact the Church office.
Announcements for February 18, 2018
- Worship! Welcome to worship this weekend at Bethany. Today we observe our first Sunday of Lent and the account of Jesus being tempted in the desert. While not mentioned in Mark, Jesus was tempted in the desert for 40 days, mirroring our 40-day observance of Lent. Check out both the sermon Guide and the weekly guide on the bulletin insert. During this season our catechism questions on your weekly home guide are from the Confession section of the catechism. If you have not picked up a Small Catechism, they are available on the bookshelf connected to the HomePointe Center.
- Wednesday Worship! Our Wednesday Lenten services are at 11:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Gardens are places of beauty. Gardens are places of rest. Gardens are places that bring joy to our hearts as we walk through their midst. The Garden of Eden was such a place, a place of beauty and perfection, a place of joy and peace, but man could not resist temptation and the result was a view of the beautiful garden from the outside. No more joy, no more peace; only pain and sorrow, sweat and tears. Today our journey is from the Garden of Eden—from which we have been exiled—to an even more beautiful garden, the garden of everlasting life. This will not be an easy journey. There will be much stumbling and falling, many bumps and bruises; after all, the world has been infested by sin and all the hazards that go with that reality. It is a difficult journey, but one that has been taken first by our Lord and Savior, Jesus. Because He has first made the journey and suffered all in our place, the gates of the new, heavenly garden stand open before us. No more tears, no more sorrow; this garden is our place of perfect rest, of joy and peace.
- Family Shepherds Meeting! Our monthly men’s meeting is this Monday, Feb. 19, at 6:30 p.m. This month’s focus is God’s calling for us to love and serve the women he has placed in our lives. All men of the congregation are invited to join us.
- Lenten Dinners – February 21 is Pizza Night (staff hosted), 5:30 – 6:15 p.m. All are welcome.
- Thank you to all who came for the chili cook-off this past Sunday, we had a very good turnout. Thank you also to the ladies who donated the desserts, and the men and women who helped and cleaned up. Congrats to chili winners: 1. Bruce Frederick, 2. MOB, 3. Holly Wendt.
- Learn to Crochet - On March 18 we will be having an event after the late service to learn how to crochet. The Prayer Shawl group will help lead us. Hooks and yarn will be provided! All ages are welcome!
- Thrivent Choice Dollars® -Eligible Thrivent Financial members who have available 2017 Choice Dollars® have untilMarch 31, 2018 to direct them to Bethany Lutheran Church. Go to Thrivent.com/thriventchoice, or call 800-847-4836and say “Thrivent Choice” after the prompt. Sandy Weiland or Juanita Harder can also help answer your questions.
- Youth event - The Gathering: Wonder! April 6-8; open to all students 7th-12th grade. The cost is $50 plus extra for meals. We’ll also make a stop on Sunday to tour Concordia University-Chicago, and possibly CU-Mequon on the way home. Forms/payment is are due February 25; please contact Shannon with questions.
Check back often for additions to the calendar. Church events are subject to change without notice.
Mobile users - if you cannot see the calendar, please click on Classic View